Translate

Saturday 7 June 2014

Life in Central Alberta series

“Life in Central Alberta”  - Solo Show at the Olds Museum, June 2014 (T-F 9:00 am-4:00 pm)
- Developing Series -
Life in Central Alberta is a series of paintings that reflect some of the views that have made me experience the unique sense of “openness” of the Alberta skies, landscapes + its lifestyle.
On My Way Home
 Having lived in Mexico City helps me appreciate the beauty of the spaciousness that we can take for granted as we travel back and forth on the Highways: The dramatic skyscapes, the Mountains view, the ponds near the railways, the few grain elevators still standing and  the combination of rural and small town communities that had become part of the life I love.
There is still much to discover in this area, much to admire, appreciate and love. Thankfulness is after all the attitude that allows us to appreciate more what we have, therefore, I will continue to be thankful that I get to do Life in Central in Alberta.

No comments:

Post a Comment